I’ve been challenged by Kara at Telescopical to make a “5 random facts” post. Oh my. The bad news for ten of you is that I’m going to challenge you to do the same! Here are mine:
1. “Billy Monday” is not my real name. There are people on Facebook with that name, who occasionally get mistaken as me. I’m not on Facebook. “Billy Monday” is a silly name but it’s catchy and I’m stuck with it now. You can call me Bill or Billy or Mac or Buddy…
2. I live under-ground, far out in the country on the side of a mountain. My wife and I designed and built this place about 12 years ago, and we like it here. We have roughly four feet of dirt and weeds covering our solid concrete house. It looks like an abandoned mine. The house feels light and airy inside though, because of high ceilings and a wall of glass facing the southeast.
3. Many years before I lived under-ground, I lived in an isolated cabin near Lake Superior. If you’ve never awoken deep in the woods after a heavy snowfall, I hope you have a chance. I fantasize about living that way again.
4. Back in the Bronze Age, maybe even the Stone Age, I was the program director at a radio station. These were the waning days of freeform radio, before automation and playlists generated in New York skyscrapers. The pay was awful but the job was a blast. I remain a fan of radio as a medium to this day, but most of today’s programming is soul-numbing.
5. My photography (and the artistic message I strive to deliver) is extremely important to me. I think about it nearly constantly. I’m pleased to report that I still feel growth in both the artistic and technical sense. Your comments and criticism are always greatly appreciated, and usually affect my work. Email me any time.
Most of my friends on Tumblr are cranky old guys (either chronologically or mentally) like myself. So I don’t know if anyone will play this game. C’mon friends, tell us something we don’t know!
The reverendbobbyanger (I anticipate this artist’s words and work each Sunday), bradford-james (he shows exceptional taste in women and motorcycles), the-red-d (my photo-buddy who’s a rising sports photographer), hjlphotos (HJL makes brilliant photos and gives them even more brilliant titles), digironin (a photographer whose vision and work have begun to show great clarity), celestialcreature (I can’t be Billy Monday without Celeste. And you don’t want to know Billy Friday Night), missm4caroni (a rising model with unusual reliability and talent), magiccimagery (my homey, and a talented artist), vanfullersublime (a new “follow” for me, a talented digital artist who always has something intelligent to say), fabeae (I want her naked body. For artistic purposes of course).